Hyde County Courthouse

Built in 1854, the Hyde County Courthouse is the 8th oldest in North Carolina. The first courtroom held court for 54 years and the second courtroom held court for 110 years for a combined total of 164 years.  The Hyde County Courthouse was placed on the National Register Of Historic Places in 1979. Over the years, the courthouse has withstood many hurricanes but in 2003, Hurricane Isabel caused the courthouse to be abandoned.